Diagnosis of chronic renal failure in adults
Practice guidelines - Posted on Sep 01 2002
These guidelines about the definition and diagnosis of chronic renal failure (CRF) cover the following issues:
- Methods used to assess renal function.
- Normal glomerular filtration rate values, and age-related variation.
- Definitions of renal disease and renal failure.
- Diagnosis of renal failure.
- Organisation of patient follow-up.
- Situations in which renal failure or renal disease should be looked for.
They do not deal with:
- The management of CRF ans its complications.
- Progression of CRF.
Service des bonnes pratiques professionnelles