Established in March 2017, the Vaccine Committee (CTV) is entrusted with a 3-year mandate to carry out vaccination assignments at HAS (Article 4, Law No 2017-220). The CTV is responsible for tasks previously undertaken by the Vaccine Committee at the French High Council of Public Health.
In accordance with HAS’ activity in supporting public authorities in vaccination policy-making, the committee is tasked with preparing the HAS’ Board deliberations, particularly with regards to:
- Vaccine recommendations, including urgent Ministry of Health requests;
- French Vaccination schedule set by the Ministry in of Health;
- Minimal disclosures required in publicity campaigns for vaccines.
The CTV collaborates with both the Transparency Committee and the Economic and Public Health Committee to prepare and issue its vaccine appraisals.
The CTV also provides the HAS Board with the necessary methodological tools for carrying out its assignments regarding vaccines and vaccination.
The CTV is composed of 24 members with voting rights, appointed by the HAS Board for a 3-year term.
- A president, and three vice-presidents, appointed by the members of the HAS Board;
- Healthcare professionals specialized in the fields of pediatry, infectiology, vaccinology, biology, methodology and epidemiology, health economics and public health;
- A representative of patient associations and healthcare users;
The CTV also includes members, in an advisory role, representatives of Ministries and others national regulatory and public health agencies